Program of events and initiatives for members
The AJBC is developing a calendar of events that will specifically and generally benefit all members, regardless of sector, company size or international experience.
Members are also invited to nominate events or propose initiatives that will assist them to better connect with Japanese opportunities and would be of benefit to fellow members.
Events and initiatives may be hosted solely within Western Australia, or virtually connect with identified and engaged targets in Japan, or require delegation visit programs to Japan once international borders open.
Examples of events that are being currently being planned include:
- Cybersecurity, defence and block chain
- Emerging energy technologies (hydrogen and battery materials)
- AI, automation, robotics and data analytics
- International education and training
- Agribusiness and agri-tech
- Food and beverages
- Wine masterclasses (physical and virtual)
- Health, medical and med-tech
- Tourism and cultural exchanges
- Digital technologies (digital games, VR, ER, XR, smart cities)
- Mining and energy (including critical minerals)
- Meet the Member functions
- Distinguished Australian guest speakers (Richard Court AC; Sam Walsh AO)
- Distinguished Japanese guest speakers
- Cultural programs and partnerships
- Business and cultural workshops for SMEs entering or expanding in Japan